.

.

May 27, 2010

Cupcakes for the Big Announcement!

This Thursday we had the big, 20-week ultrasound! We wanted to do something halfway creative to let our parents know whether "it" is a girl or boy. Since Chuck's parents both live out of town, we had sent them packages earlier in the week with STRICT instructions to not open the package until they received a phone call from us. So, on the day of the ultrasound, they were allowed to open the package. Inside the package was a large "A" envelope and a large "B" envelope, each filled with blue or pink goodies. They were told to open the "B" envelope, which then revealed several pink items and that we are having A GIRL!

Since my parents live close to us in the Indy area, we met them for lunch after the ultrasound. I made cupcakes for the occasion. Inside the cupcakes, I had filled some with pink frosting and some with blue frosting. After we found out that morning that we were having a girl, I put the container with blue-filled cupcakes away and handed each of my parents a pink-filled cupcake and told them to bite into them. My mom was hesitant that I had put something non-edible in the middle of the cupcake. So, I had to reassure her that the whole cupcake was edible. Still, she was too anxious to find out what was inside and broke her cupcake in half without eating it. My dad bit right into the middle to reveal the PINK frosting. Telling them that they are going to have a little granddaughter was so much fun!!
*Confession: we DID eat dessert before lunch...like I was going to make them suffer through lunch without letting them know that we're having a girl!!

The blue-filled cupcake!


The pink-filled cupcake!


One of the finished cupcakes!

You can't tell if the middle has pink or blue frosting until biting into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment