The morning of the "Blizzard" of 2014, when we were getting over an inch of snow per hour causing almost everything to shut down for a couple days around Indy…we had a call from our realtor that someone had made an offer on our house. I immediately felt a range of emotions…mostly excited that someone wanted to buy our house…but also sadness and a reality that we were really doing this…we were moving out of the house we bought shortly after we got married and the house we brought first our puppy and then our two babies home to…the house we turned into our family home. The kids are resilient, and I know they'll do well with the move. I'm looking forward to the building process and our new house, but I am sad about what we're leaving. We've met neighbors who we're lucky enough to have as friends and have made so many memories here. One of the most difficult parts for me is that Hadley and Collin probably won't even remember this house. (Well…I've taken about 100 photos to help them…and have recorded videos of them giving a tour of the their rooms!) However, I know we'll have fun making the new house our home and meeting new neighbors who will also hopefully become friends. So, with only a few weeks to get packed, we set to work on putting almost everything we own in storage and moving our "essentials" to Mimi's condo…our temporary residence until the new house is complete!
One last photo of H in her room before we started packing...
And a photo of my happy little guy in his room...
They were big helpers with the boxes and packing material scattered all over the house!
This looks really weird…no furniture…no photos on the walls!
Their empty play room!




No comments:
Post a Comment